Adventures in Okarche
Central Oklahoma has everything vacationers love – golf, scenery, museums, and outdoor adventures. So hop in the car – Wittrock Lake Retreat and RV Park is close to everything. Today’s adventure begins now!
Chisholm Trail Museum
Visit the Museum in nearby Kingfisher to discover the fascinating history of the Chisholm Trail – one of the greatest cattle trails in the world. Experience the pioneer village with two log cabins, a one-room schoolhouse, a church, and the first bank built in Kingfisher.
Governor Seay Mansion
Completed in 1892, the Governor’s Mansion features authentic period décor and furnishings. Your admission to the Chisholm Trail Museum includes the Mansion.
Kingfisher Golf Course
Praised for its beautifully maintained greens, top-notch facilities, and proximity to downtown, 18-hole Kingfisher GC is a public course that hosts tournaments April – November.
Kingfisher County Veterans Memorial
This large and beautiful memorial is dedicated to the brave men and women who served in the Armed Forces during all wars and conflicts.
Melba Briscoe Skateboard Park
A municipal skateboard park designed by kids for kids of all ages…including you, Mom and Dad!
Eischen’s Bar & Grill
Since 1896, Eischen’s has been serving beer and fabulous fried chicken to hungry people. The chicken is so delicious and popular, it made Guy Fieris’s Best Fried Chicken List on the Food Network. Eischen’s has served numerous sports, entertainment, and political figures and they will happily serve you too. Go there Monday thru Saturday. Yummy!
Shopping and Restaurants near Wittrock Lake Retreat and RV Park
Everything you want or need is nearby, including your fishing license…
- Super Wal-Mart in Kingfisher is just 4 miles away. Get your Oklahoma fishing license there.
- Atwood’s Ranch & Home in Kingfisher has pet supplies, power tools, clothing, automotive, and Oklahoma fishing licenses.
- United Supermarkets has locations in nearby Kingfisher and El Reno.
- Tower Café and Okarche Bakery – Home of hearty breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and mouth-watering cinnamon rolls.
- Still hungry? Find more great restaurants in Kingfisher! American food, pizza, Mexican, steaks, ice cream, and donuts. Try them all!